Monday 19 September 2011

Mother Nature...

Well, what better to do with the time between coffee and lunch?! Particularly when trying to avoid anything that requires any effort!
I am not just being lazy..today mother nature is being a total bitch! My first period in 2 months and I don't exaggerate when I say at times I would rather be in labour..at least there's something positive at the end of it!
I am being allowed though, kindly, a couple of full nights sleep so..swings and roundabouts I guess!
If I didn't need to get the kids to school or run my group tonight it would be a complete PJ/Duvet day.
So..apart from whinging about the downsides of being female what else can I fill this post with...

Well, I've been on the lookout for opening doors since my decision last week (my god it's already been a week) to give up my current role and I have came across a new opportunity today which I hadn't been aware of.
One of the mums I speak to at the school gates is a volunteer for the Red Cross and was talking about the kind of things she does to help. Currently she is making up kits for wounded soldiers out in Afghanistan. She also spoke of other areas she helps in and it sounded right up my street. I immediately got home all fired up and ready to apply when I found myself getting a bit stressed out about my ability, more emotionally than anything else to cope...but then it's evident I don't have to throw myself right into the deep end and volunteer to help with rapid response aid or anything so involving emotionally. So I'm now thinking care in the community, in particular help following hospital procedures, spending a couple of hours per week bringing a little happiness to someone who has returned home from hospital and helping towards rehabilitating them back to being independent, helping with shopping, a bit of cooking, making a cuppa! I can do that...can't I?
Anyway..it's food for thought and I'm pleased to be finding various things out there that do interest me and also that feel right!

It's group tonight and it's one of those days where I feel like I'll have very little to say but I always seem to find words. My members are supposed to do most of the talking but often my natural instinct to try and help means I end up doing most of it!! I have just 12 groups left to run which will take me up to Christmas week and then in the new year I go full into whatever new ventures I decide to take on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment